Socially conscious citizens and youths who participate in Gramsabha want to understand more on the system, the system of Local Governance.
We give workshop on Local Governance for various groups of people and organisations. During the workshop we introduce
- Brief history of Local Governance in India
- The Tamil Nadu Panchayats Act 1994
- Roles & Responsibilities of elected representatives and the employees of village panchayats
- Structure of the administration from village panchayat to the head of the Department of Rural Development & Panchayati Raj
- Revenue resources and financial management of village panchayats
- Standing committees